Tuesday, May 25, 2004

Just Desserts

I'm so tired, my eyes can't stay open. I was up cooking & cleaning til 3am, and then got up at 6:50 to run to the bakery, just to find out that they're not getting in their awesome potato kugel today. Wonderful parallel to my search for chicken in the neighborhood last night, that ended at 11pm with TK picking some up from Fairway. I was planning to stay up tonight, but I really don't see how that's going to happen.

And now I'm thinking that maybe that question my mother got at work has more truth to it than I initially thought: "Is this one of the holidays where the women cook and clean the entire time?"

Because if I'm doing this all for only one meal, what do people do when they have a whole household to run? Oh. Maybe they don't leave their food shopping until the night before Y"T. Also, maybe they don't decide what their plans are 1.5 days before. That might help too.

Don't mind me--as Rabbi Josh knows: Tired Shosh = Grumpy Shosh. Though I don't know how that explains the rest of my bad moods.

Have a great chag!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home