Thursday, October 23, 2003

I called in sick yesterday (the subway smelled even worse than usual, so I decided to go back home and sleep), and had a blissful day of doing nothing. I finished the last book in the series I've been reading--the trilogy by Sandra Gulland about Josephine Bonaparte. It was really good, and now I've finally started to figure out what went where in terms of the French Revolution (educational for me, but then again, my high school history class was a joke). Slept a bit, watched Peggy Sue Got Married (the title is the best part of the movie), made dinner for myself--the first time in months.

After travelling back and forth from NY 3 times over the Chagim, I finally lost my passport on the plane coming back to NYC this week. It was about time. Now I have to call the airline to see if they've found it, but I'm not that hopeful. I'll just have to get a new one, I suppose.

But seeing everyone over the past month was great. I got to catch up with my sister over simchat torah, see my nephews (and other assorted family) over first days of sukkot, plus I got to see my best friend and her now fiance over rosh hashanah. Overall, very productive, even if it was somewhat stressful.

Not too much gossip that people here would care to know, I don't think. Saw some friends from college, some friends from high school, all of whom are married with various children. Found out all the news that no one's talking about, but everyone knows from my oldest friend (she's the best for finding everything out before anyone else knows). And got very few questions about who I am or am not going out with--It was isolated to a couple of questions from my mother and sister. I think most people finally decided that I really am a spinster. Makes my life much easier...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home