Tuesday, June 01, 2004

recap

A lovely and successful shavuot was had by all. Very mellow, and very nice, in large part thanks to everyone else who stayed around. I tried two new recipes, of which one was a success (onion pie--it was yummy), and the other was ok (sorbet--was too frozen to serve--i should've taken it out of the freezer much earlier). I actually think I had the most compliments on the potato kugel--which I bought.

I must have violated some shavuot law which says you must serve cheesecake, but being that I don't like most intensely milchig food, I served meat instead. Really, it's ok. The next two meals I went to were milchig, so I had my share of staring at fish & cheese.

Shabbat was nice, but a bit boring. Most of my friends were out of town, so I had no one to play with. Same with Sunday and Monday. Though I did manage to get to the Museum of Natural History on Sunday and see the Butterfly exhibit, which was alright, but not that impressive. The Petra exhibit was kinda cool, and made me regret not going with my sister a couple of years ago...

What was much more fun than both of those, though, was the new Frog exhibit. It was only the second day, so it was pretty crowded, but it was lots of fun--they're so colorful (at least, the poisonous ones are)! Pretty, pretty, pretty. Also, it reminded me of when I was a kid and used to catch frogs in the summer, down by the lake. It was better than the fish my sister & brother used to catch, and then make my mother cook for dinner. That was around the time I stopped eating fish.

Which brings us back to my non-eating habits at shavuot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home