Tuesday, October 28, 2003

Eating for free

And it did not even involve dating anyone! How good does it get? Well...

I met my brother for lunch yesterday (mmm... corned beef sandwiches at Mendy's), and he seemed to remember me paying for his lunch the last time we met, so he paid this time. Although, considering that last time I paid his lunch was about half the price of this time, I felt slightly bad... well, next time I'll pay. It was good catching up and just generally having my brother live (relatively) close by.

Then A. took me out to dinner to celebrate my birthday (I know... I must have one of the longest lasting birthday celebrations on the face of this planet!). We went to Tevere. Food was great, but the waiters asked us to leave since they had a large group waiting by the door. I'm sorry, but when people drop over $100 on dinner, you'd better be sure to treat them politely. It therefore gets a thumbs-down on the shosh-scale.

At my suggestion, A. brought his not-so-new girlfriend along... the first one that I've officially met since we were in college. She's super nice--so sweet and unpretentious. I asked him today when they're getting married. Do you think that was too forward?

Well, he should be used to me by now. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home