Thursday, February 05, 2004

The world without David...

would clearly be a much more repressive place. This from The Scoop on MSN:

. . . Never mind Ronald Reagan. What about David Hasselhoff’s role in bringing down the Berlin Wall? Apparently, in 1989, the year the wall came down, Hasselhoff sang “Looking for Freedom” to German fans at the Brandenburg Gate in Berlin. The “Baywatch” hunk recently visited a museum dedicated to the toppling of the Cold War relic, and, according to a German mag, he griped that his role in the fall of the wall was completely overlooked. “I find it a bit sad that there is no photo of me hanging on the walls in the Berlin Museum at Checkpoint Charlie,” he told TV Spielfilm. “After my appearance I hacked away at pieces of the wall that had the black, red and yellow colors of the German flag on it. I kept the big piece for myself and gave the smaller pieces to colleagues at ‘Baywatch.’ ”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home