Monday, March 08, 2004

Purim angst

Does anyone find Purim as angst-ridden as I do? There seem to be all these issues involved (especially in Shalach Manot) and they end up making me slightly insane. It's not that I don't enjoy Purim--it's lots of fun, but it feels like a popularity contest sometimes...

Who's going to give you, Who should get? What if you're giving people who weren't planning to give you? Will they then feel obligated? Will you feel stupid when you get a clearly recycled one? What about guys (or girls)? Do you give them or not? Will they be insulted if you don't? Will they be offended if you do? What if you make tons of extra and then just feel stupid that you made those 'just in case' ones, and you're left with all of them? And what theme should you come up with (a whole other anxiety-inducing facet)?

Can anyone else sympathize, or am I just insane?

Not that it made a difference yesterday. I was just home baking and cooking all day, and only got out for seudah. I delivered most of my shalach manot post-seudah, which really just makes them more like gifts delivered randomly the night after Purim.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home