Wednesday, March 31, 2004

Voices in my head

Just finished listening to The Prayer, a duet sung by Celine Dion and Andrea Bocelli. It is very beautifully done, even considering that Celine Dion annoys me. He's got a voice like honey, but her voice suffers by comparison. I know she has a lovely voice, but it really suffers when he can soar effortlessly and she just sounds a bit raspy. I couldn't help but think how Mariah Carey (who I'm not a huge fan of either) could have done a much better job. But really, I feel like SFS, my old roommate who did a Master's of Voice at the Boston Conservatory could have killed this song. She has the voice of an angel--really. She's got to be the reason why the issur of Kol Isha exists. Cuz heaven knows it doesn't exist for voices like mine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home