Wednesday, July 14, 2004

sleeping in and random other thoughts

I finally figured out how to switch my alarm's radio station, so I'm now waking up to ESPN radio. Well, waking up might be an exaggeration.

I can't bear to wake up to 1010 WINS, since, though I might get the world in 22 minutes, I also get nightmares during that half-sleeping phase during which I'm trying to get up, but really just sleeping. News stories just make me want to burrow and sleep some more.

But now that hockey season is over, ESPN is not much better at getting me up in the morning. After all, I'm really not all that interested in which completely overpaid and overrated athlete a New York team is trying to land. It doesn't make a difference to me whether it's the basketball team or baseball team. In fact, the last sports bit that interested me, was when a few months ago, it was announced that Shea Stadium was switching its popcorn-peanut combo to Fiddle Faddle (or something) from Cracker Jacks.

Why do I care, you might ask?

Well, it's got everything to do with Cracker Jacks being kosher and the new brand, which is not. Anti-Semites, I tell you.

All this is mostly just to say, that I'm looking forward to waking up to music again, once the three weeks are over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home