Friday, November 21, 2003

the switch

Switched managers at work a couple of weeks ago... i would call it a promotion, except i'm not quite sure whether it is or not. The managers are at the same level, but soon there's going to be someone below my new manager that I'll be reporting to (she's on maternity leave right now). So in fact, I've moved one level down in the reporting hierarchy. And I no longer have anyone reporting to me directly (though still several indirect reports).

But... I like my new manager(s) a lot more... I think they're both more straightforward. And my new position is fun (!!!). Somewhat more pressure, since it's higher profile, and more deadline oriented, but the deadlines are further apart. Also, instead of just doing/delegating tasks, I'm deciding what the tasks are, how they should be carried out... so it's more interesting, more of a macro-level view... at least of our tiny department. So far so good, but I'll give y'all an update once my first three simultaneous projects are finished.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home