Monday, February 09, 2004

movin' on up

My department moved one floor up this weekend. Call it the new division between the techies and the marketing ppl. I'm not quite sure how I got aligned with the techies, but it's better than the alternative.

All packed up on Friday, and then came in on Monday to a new desk, with cubicle walls that are purportedly "gold" but mostly have been described by those moving in as [WARNING: if you're eating, stop now!] dried vomit colored. They switched us from the light grey we used to have, since they thought this was a "warmer" color. More like warmed-over. I no longer have a window, but do have nice new cubicle-mates, though considering that I like almost everyone I work with (one of the notable good things about my job), that's not too hard to accomplish.

The lights just went off at 6pm, exactly when our hours are "supposed" to be over. It's a nice reminder to GO HOME. Though apparently the lights are on a timer, and switch off 8 hours after the first person turns them on. The facilities people have already resolved it. Ah well, now I have no excuse not to work, so I'll just blog instead. It's past work hours anyway.

Puzzle of the day: Although the drawers under my desk have keys to lock them with, they're on wheels... so they can just be rolled away. I'm not sure why they gave me keys then. So if someone wants to cart away all the valuable information in my desk (90% of which consists of take-out menus), come on down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home