Thursday, February 12, 2004

procrastination pays

Well, not as much as it costs, but I still got a $5 coupon from my co-worker for the hair place across the street. Plus the glasses place downstairs from my office is having a sale now, so I can get $50 off that. I'm not quite caught up from the extra I spent on my passport, but at least I'm getting close.

This week, I'm reading Night by Elie Weisel on the subway--It's really beautiful and haunting and painful, and I can't believe I haven't read it before, but I would not recommend it for subway reading. It's a quick read, but definitely not something you can interrupt easily when you run into someone you know.

And I started reading A Great and Terrible Beauty last night. Eh. It's beautifully written, but really seems to be a typical girls-in-boarding-school-dabbling-in-the-occult book. Somewhat disappointing, but if I had been paying more attention while buying it, I probably could've figured it out. But it does have a great book jacket (I know, I know; no need to quote cliches to me here). Well, maybe it'll get more interesting in the second half. If it does, I'll even give it a link.

Excited about seeing LH tomorrow. Haven't seen her in almost 6 years. I hope we won't get sick of each other before her visit is over. It should be a great weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home