Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Watch out Paul Hamm! I'm on my way to Glory!

RD was complaining about her obsession with the Olympics this morning, which led to the following IM conversation:

me: you should become an Olympian. you could be the next paul hamm
RD: don't joke. I'm thinking of taking up table tennis
RD: it's really the only thing i think i have a chance in
me: too much carpal tunnel
me: what about running?
RD: um yeah
RD: no
RD: not gonna get to the olympics with running
RD: i figure table tennis, as a US athlete, is my best in
RD: wanna try for doubles with me?
me: can't
me: tendonitis
me: plus i'm not very coordinated
RD: hmmm… so what were u thinking
me: i think i'd have my best shot in...
me: um
me: .....
me: um
me: ooooh
me: crew!
RD: ok sweetie
me: i could be the guy at the end yelling directions!
RD: oh ok maybe
RD: cuz the actual rowers are just a LITTLE taller than you
me: silly!
me: i don't have that kind of muscle anyway
RD: we could get you in shape
me: i'm not sure about my right & left though. do you think that would be a problem?
me: right!! oh. I mean LEFT!
me: oh wait.
me: i was right the first time
me: yeah... maybe not so good

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home