Tuesday, September 30, 2003

Tripping

To get back to work semi-on time yesterday, I was booked on an 8AM flight back to Newark. I figured: Not a problem, I'll be slightly late, but should be at work, by 10, 10:30 latest. Checked everything out with my manager, and all seemed good.

Oh well.

I'm sitting on the plane, half-asleep, waiting for it to push away from the gate, when I suddenly notice everyone getting up from their seats... Apparently a catering truck crashed into our plane. Because clearly it's incredibly easy to miss the fact that there's a 70-ton inanimate piece of metal sitting in front of you.

They had to de-plane everyone so they could do a proper re-inspection of the plane, and then reboarded us 2 hours later... onto the same aircraft. It made me feel oh so safe. Then I decided, if I was going to die, at least it was after Rosh Hashana (although after Yom Kippur might be better), and that I might as well be asleep so I wouldn't feel anything. Also, so that I would die nice and refreshed.

I never claimed to be normal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home