Thursday, September 23, 2004

LA and NY

I suppose L.A. can be encapsulated in this conversation fragment we overheard, standing outside the Beverly Wilshire hotel.

"Oh, You can get lips like that!"

A nice N.Y. moment, on the other hand came a couple of days later, sitting outside in the Bryant Park Library (no, not the New York Public Library--the BPL consists of a few racks of books, magazines & newspapers left outside for the general masses to read), reading literature (ok, People mag), with a table of people playing chess beside me, and beside them, the cast and crew of Law & Order, filming a park scene.

L.A. was actually great, and if you go there, don't forget to check out the Getty Museum. The gardens are amazing and the buildings & view are awesome. I don't know about the paintings & sculptures, since we got there with only about 20 minutes left before closing, but I hear they're lovely as well.

My first time on the West Coast, and I feel I saw alot in the 2 days of sightseeing allotted--Universal Studios, Venice Beach, Rodeo Drive & Wilshire Blvd, UCLA drive-through, Bel Air drive through (couldn't see very much though--apparently anything worth anything is behind the very very high fences & trees).

And I even bought a pair of unnecessary shoes.

Gmar Tov to all

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home