Thursday, August 28, 2003

For SR

Since he's going to put in another air conditioner for me (right??).

About the new house I mentioned earlier... well... this was the original post for Aug. 8th.

***
Both my older brother and my older sister have just bought new houses. I'm feeling rather left out. My brother, I at least knew about in advance. of course, my sister emailed me today saying... oh, btw, did I tell you we bought a house?

um. that would be a no.

well, mazel tov to both of them, but all of a sudden they seem very established. like 'real people.' Funny how that didn't happen once they got married, just once they bought houses. I guess that's when people (or at least when I) start taking you seriously.

'Well, they bought a house. That must mean they are Serious People.'

Am I making any sense at all?
***

Since then, I've checked out my brother's new house (what else do you do during a shiva when you're not needed?), and it's really nice. Perfect for them, I think, it's got some great rooms (a room that's all stone, another room that's all glass and looks out into the garden). No guestroom at the moment though, so I'm not sure where they're planning to put me when I tell them I'm planning to move in for R"H.

I might go to my sister's place for S"T, and check their house out then.

Getting used to the fact that my siblings are now grown-ups, and I'm still in my rented apt. with 2 roommates. Am I stagnating? Should I get up, move, do something different with my life? Points to ponder... although Tuesday's thoughts pull me back to where I am now.

You'll just have to visit back to find out more about that! (how's that, SR?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home